I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Food and Drug Administration_Research

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Who is eligible to apply...

Research grants, including application for Orphan Product Developments, can be made to any public or private nonprofit university, college, hospital, laboratory or other institution, including State and local units of government. Commercial, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations are also eligible. Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants can only be awarded to domestic small businesses (entities that are independently owned and operated for a profit, are not dominant in the field in which research is proposed, and have no more than 500 employees). Primary employment (more than one-half time) of the principal investigator must be with the small business at the time of the award and during the conduct of the proposed project. In both Phase I and Phase II, the research must be performed in the United States and its possessions.

Eligible Applicant Categories:
Eligible Functional Categories:

Research, including Orphan Product Development and conference grant applicants must present a plan and furnish evidence that scientific competence, facilities, and equipment are appropriate to carry out the plan. For Small Business Innovation Research, each applicant must present a research plan and furnish evidence that scientific competence, experimental methods, facilities, equipment, and supplies are appropriate to carry out the plan. Furthermore, in Phase I, there should be an idea or concept with commercial potential, and in Phase II there should be evidence that commercialization of the research results is plausible. Costs will be determined in accordance with OMB Circular No. A-87 for State and local governments, for-profit organizations' with Subpart 31.2 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), OMB Circular No. A-21 for universities, and OMB Circular No. A-122 for nonprofit organizations.

Note:This is a brief description of the credentials or documentation required prior to, or along with, an application for assistance.

About this section:

This section indicates who can apply to the Federal government for assistance and the criteria the potential applicant must satisfy. For example, individuals may be eligible for research grants, and the criteria to be satisfied may be that they have a professional or scientific degree, 3 years of research experience, and be a citizen of the United States. Universities, medical schools, hospitals, or State and local governments may also be eligible. Where State governments are eligible, the type of State agency will be indicated (State welfare agency or State agency on aging) and the criteria that they must satisfy.

Certain federal programs (e.g., the Pell Grant program which provides grants to students) involve intermediate levels of application processing, i.e., applications are transmitted through colleges or universities that are neither the direct applicant nor the ultimate beneficiary. For these programs, the criteria that the intermediaries must satisfy are also indicated, along with intermediaries who are not eligible.